- The January Cure
- My Cure, Day 2: Set Up Your Outbox
- My Cure, Day 3: Weekend Chores, Make Green Cleaners, & Buy Flowers
- My Cure, Day 4: Get a Fresh Perspective in 10 Minutes
- My Cure, Day 5: Complete One Project on Master “To Do” List
- My Cure, Day 6: Frame a Piece of Artwork Hiding in the Closet
- My Cure, Day 7: Plan Your February Get-Together!
- My Cure, Day 8: Kitchen Organizing & Cleaning, Find a Recipe and Try it Out
- My Cure, Day 9: Create a Landing Strip
- My Cure, Day 10 & 11: Take a Media Fast
- My Cure, Day 12: Declutter My Book & Music Collection
- My Cure, Day 13: Flowers, Bedroom Zen
- My Cure, Day 14: Paperless Office
- Tidying is Contagious
Tidying, some say this is an easier task if you live alone, no one digging through your giveaway pile, no disagreements on what stays & what goes. Well I don’t live alone so I found that when the other person’s things would bother me it always helped to reflect on my own spaces. Whether you live with a roommate, family or spouse tidying can become rather contagious. I found this out through experience of going through the KonMari method category by category keeping only the possessions that made me happy. I held each belonging in my hands and waited for a feel of “Spark Joy” or “meh”.
The discard pile of all my joyless objects grew & grew. After a long Saturday of separating my prized possessions from the lack luster stuff, my partner noticed all the garbage bags patiently waiting by the front door to be taken to the donation center. However, what made his eyes full of envy- my side of the closet was now immaculate! It mirrored the esthetic of a chic boutique with each garment nicely spaced, all the hangers matching and my shoes shined & facing out ready to hit the town. Within the week he asked if we could go through his pants & pair down what wasn’t being worn. A few weeks later he thought that maybe a few of his shirts he no longer wears could be sold on eBay so he asked if I would post them online. I asked if there was anything else he thought may sell well so we went through all of his shirts and t-shirts. Next thing you know his pile of garbage bags by the front door grew & grew. Tidying is contagious!
Beautiful Mind | Organized Home